Tuesday 27 July 2010

Drinking

Not the social kind, the learning how to kind.

In the early days before The Boy started eating solid food I used to look at the array of plastic cups they do for babies in bewilderment. The manufacturers seem to have convinced us that we will need to teach our babes to drink in 'stages' and... amazingly, buy a different cup and spout for each stage.

Cups with a straw are labelled as being suitable for either 12 or, in some cases 24 month old babies and it wasn't until I saw one of his friends happily sucking watermelon juice through a straw at around 9 months that I thought to question this. So I got him a cup with a straw a couple of weeks ago and he drinks from it fine, I suspect he would have done months ago.

So now he drinks out of a normal cup at home or one with a straw when he's out - so simple, who knew!?

No comments:

Post a Comment