Monday 19 July 2010

How much I love buffets now

I've never been a great one for buffets, unless you're in a super swanky joint they're usually lots and lots of so-so food whereas I'd always rather have a small amount of so great food.

But, now I'm eating out a lot with The Boy I do love a buffet.

Why?

Because he has the attention span of a mayfly (DH says he will be in sales when he grows up) he gets so easily bored with meals that have one element or flavour i.e. a plate of pasta or cheese on toast.

He needs variety, so if I order cheese on toast for him he'll eat it all but it needs to be interspersed with interesting titbits from Mum or Dads plate or food from home, like grapes. Otherwise it all goes off the table sometime after the first slice is demolished.

Buffets mean that I can pile high a plate of tiny pieces of wildly differing food. You think cake and curry doesn't go together... you think wrong! And The Boy will entertain himself literally for hours investigating each new type of food as I hand it to him. OK, a lot of it goes over the side but there's plenty more where that came from.

Three cheers for the buffet.

No comments:

Post a Comment