Monday 7 June 2010

FIGS!!!

A few of my fellow blw'ers have extolled the virtues of dried fruit, usually prunes and apricots soaked overnight to make them soft.

It's something I believed but never really got around to trying until last week when in a rare trip to the supermarket I walked past a display of 'Crazy Jack' brand organic stuff.

I picked up some figs and some apricots (found an interesting fact about dried apricots, which I'll come to later) soaked'em in some water and gave them to The Boy and now they're a staple of his diet. He thinks they're great, especially the figs and always finishes them and they're good for him too.

Win, win, win.

Now my interesting factoid about dried apricots


Apparently, they're not supposed to be orange, they're naturally brown when they dry but they add some sort of chemical to make them orange so we'll eat them. My tip of the day: buy the organic brown ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment