Sunday 7 March 2010

Baby Led Eating!

I got a bit concerned that the only meal we were consistently giving The Boy was breakfast - we know he likes porridge but I didn't want him to start thinking that the only food available was oaty mush.

So I mentioned in passing to G that I thought we'd try giving him some pasta'n'pesto in the afternoon. After an extra long, long lunch I came back wondering if The Boy would be awake and up for a pesto pasta fest only to find him sitting at the table with G tucking in to said feast.

And he really was tucking in! As G and I discussed our days activities (he does much better if you are not paying attention directly to him while he eats) he scoffed the original five or so fusilli on his plate, so we gave him 5 more, which he ate so I gave him quite a pile more which he ate and ate... to the point where I almost wondered if he wasn't going to stop!

But like the book said he would, he let us know very clearly when he was done by pushing the plate away and trying to stand up.

Eating, done. Now we have to work on his table manners ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment