Tuesday 9 March 2010

Rice cakes

Just because I don't particularly like something doesn't mean I shouldn't offer it to the boy and lots of other blw'ers have reported that rice cakes went down very well.

I had trouble finding suitable ones as the rice snacks in the supermarkets here tend to have lots of soy and mirrin and other salty deliciousness on them.

I eventually found what I wanted at Bumps to Babes and doubtless paid a huge premium for these imported goodies but they were salt-free, baby-sized, organic rice cakes and it's not like I'm going to make my own!

The first one I gave him was enthusiastically sucked but what was left at the end was a damp whole rice cake.

After a nights sleep he obviously developed a plan for tackling this new object and the one I gave him the next day was pretty much demolished.

Now it's great because if I'm eating something incompatible with the toothless one's diet then I can always give him a couple of rice cakes.

Simples!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog from Geobaby and just wanted to add that often, our local Park and Shop has organic rice cakes which are 100% wholegrain rice, no salt or anything - they're usually in a corner of the cookie isle - with the savoury cookies, right down the bottom shelf. I've seen them at a few different PnS's and Taste as well. They're not flavoured like the ones from B2B are but they're great for spreading stuff on (like vegemite, or a fruit jam, peanut butter etc). And they're cheaper too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole, I just moved and our local PnS seems to have a much better selection, it's amazing how the stock varies from one branch to another!

    Peanut butter is a good idea, I must get some!

    ReplyDelete