Sunday 21 March 2010

Here we were thinking The Boy didn't like fruit...

... and it turns out he doesn't like cold fruit!

He's been turning up his nose at and throwing away almost every fruit we offered him except banana. What I didn't realise is that banana is the only fruit we don't keep in the fridge. (It's warmish here and fruit left out tends to go of fairly quickly if left out).

I discovered this because he's not yet up to crunching apple so I microwaved it and he ate three slices, after some thought I realised what microwaved apples and bananas have in common and now if we take the fruit out of the fridge a couple of hours before we offer it to him or even better, zap it in the microwave for a couple of minutes.

So now I'm proud to say he very much enjoys;

Oranges
Apples
Strawberries (they give him a bit of a rash but he loves them so I can't stop giving them to him!)
Plums (mmmm, microwaved plums!)
Kiwi

With the sour fruits he does the best screwed up, ikk face when he puts them in his mouth but then goes ahead and eats them anyway.

That's my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment